Hays Specialist Recruitment
Principal Development Management Planner – Permanent – £45K-£50K+
Your new company
You will be working for a Local Authority that strives and prides itself in redevelopment and regeneration. They have one of the largest and progressive Planning teams in London, with room for growth and exciting opportunities for new comers.
Your new role
The Principal Planning Officer will be responsible for a case load of complex and varied projects and deputise for the (Deputy) Planning Manager when required.
You will need to Process complex planning applications and lead on pre-applications queries of all types with particular focus on major applications.
* Support Deputy Planning Managers and Planning Managers in the team on all planning aspects.
* Support and train junior officers and technicians;
* To prepare and agree accurate and timely reports, including for planning committees;
* Identify and maximise opportunities to increase revenue
* Represent the Council and Re at public meetings, including but not limited to committee, hearings, inquiries and Court.
What you’ll need to succeed
Experience in assessing and processing all types of planning applications including complex major applications (essential).
* Experience of presenting planning applications to Committees, public meetings and other forums where full discussion and consideration of a development proposal (essential)
* Excellent technical knowledge of the Town Planning system (essential)
* Demonstrable knowledge of administrative processes relating to the processing of planning applications (essential)
* Experience of dealing with planning appeals: essential for written representation, desirable for informal hearing and public inquiries.
* A level of practical experience in dealing with applications in a number of different local authorities (desirable).
* Principal Planners working in the Fast Track and Pre-application must be able to demonstrate at least 6-month practical experience in dealing with fast track applications and pre-application requests.
* Principal Planners working for the Resilience must be able to demonstrate a level of practical experience in dealing with applications in a number of different local authorities.
What you’ll get in return
You will earn a competitive salary of up to £50K+.You will also be working with a supportive and developing team that strives in growth and teamwork.
What you need to do now
If you’re interested in this role, click ‘apply now’ to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn’t quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.