Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd
Principal Systems Engineer (083jc) – Portsmouth – Excellent Package
My client, who is a major player in the defence sector both in the UK and Overseas are now seeking several Principal Systems Engineers to join their existing team at Portsmouth.
As a Principal Systems Engineer within my client’s maritime division you will take on significant responsibility within development projects, often leading areas or taking responsibility for the development of sub-systems. Working in diverse teams, you will be involved in projects supporting Maritime test and evaluation, operating from the early concept phase through to transition into service.
Working on a range of Royal Navy projects, they provide support and development to military communication systems and installations – from legacy systems through to future technologies their Systems Engineers work through the full engineering lifecycle in a collaborative working environment. They are at the forefront of assuring sovereign naval capabilities and work with partners across the world to apply new technologies to ships, submarines and unmanned systems to ensure maximum operational effectiveness.
· Technical leadership and management of engineering and technical teams to deliver integrated engineering outputs to contracted time, cost and quality that meet the customer’s requirements.
· Leadership and involvement with: analysis and capture of customer requirements, collaboration with resource management, integration of engineering outputs to various platforms, coordination of bids and estimates, generation of technical/solution strategies (e.g. Evaluation & Test Strategy), production of appropriate Technical Assurance plans, identification of project technical risks, ensuring compliance with business process and engineering governance is robust.
· Mentoring of Systems Engineers, promoting consistent use of all systems engineering processes, methods, and tools to support the development and retention of a world class capability in order to continually provide customers with expert individual technical advice.
Specific Domain Working Opportunities:
Knowledge and experience in one or more of the following areas (Beneficial):
· Radar systems – hardware and software elements
· Radio frequency transmission systems
· Sonar systems and underwater acoustics
· Electromagnetic measurement systems
· Underwater and/or littoral environments
Key Knowledge, Skills & Requirements:
· Technical experience leading multidisciplinary teams in diverse delivery projects across the full engineering lifecycle, demonstrating an expert understanding of Systems Engineering principals and methods.
· Excellent team and stakeholder engagement skill, able to influence teams and decisions as a recognised leader and SME
· Ability to make sound judgements and impactful decisions
· Experience with generating technical solutions with sound knowledge of technical governance
· Recognised engineering qualification to at least HNC or Degree standard with evidence of further personal development
· In possession of, or able to attain SC Clearance
Why join my client’s company?
As a company of over 6,000 dedicated professionals they continue to grow into new markets around the world, there has never been a more exciting time to join my client. The formula for success with my client is the appetite for innovation and courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges. Joining offers an opportunity to work on highly technical cutting-edge projects, enabling customers to protect, improve and advance their vital interests.
In return they are offering:
· Full-Time, Permanent Position (37Hr Contracted Week & Flexi Working)
· Annual individual and company related performance bonuses
· Pension – Up to 10.5 % Company contributed
· Share Incentive Plan
· Career development across a diverse International organisation
· Flexible Working, Social and family events
· Multiple health, leisure, childcare, medical and retail discounts
My client comprises teams of dedicated people; experts in defence, aerospace, security, and related markets, if you feel that you meet the requirements for this position please click apply and we will be in contact.
For more information, please contact Jean-Claude Hedouin at Ex-Mil Recruitment Ltd on ext 1.
DUE TO THE NATURE OF THIS RECRUITMENT CONSULTANCY, WE ARE ONLY ABLE TO REPRESENT INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE EX MILITARY …… click apply for full job details